The Money and Medals Network has five main aims:
- Act as an information exchange for curators within the UK whose collections include coins, medals and other objects relating to monetary and economic history and numismatics
- Provide information on best practice, new research and news items relating to the understanding, care and public access of those collections
- Encourage and facilitate collaborative ventures between the curators and nurture links between curators and individuals outside museums with an interest in related subject areas.
- Make the broad case for the potential of those collections and the importance of numismatic expertise for bringing them effectively to a wide audience
- Work to identify new and exciting ways in which those collections can be presented to the public.
For more information visit: www.moneyandmedals.org.uk